This Affiliate Agreement ("Agreement", or the “Terms”) contains the complete terms and conditions between us, Captira Analytical LLC ("Captira", “we” or “our”) and you (an “Affiliate” or “you”), regarding your participation in the Captira Affiliate Program (the “Affiliate Program”).
BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO JOIN OR BY BEING APPROVED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND THE CAPTIRA TERMS AND CONDITIONS POLICIES THAT GOVERN CAPTIRA’S SERVICES AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND HERETO.
- Enrollment in the Affiliate Program
- To begin the enrollment process, you must submit a completed Affiliate Program Signup Form.
- We will evaluate your application and notify you of your acceptance or otherwise. We may not accept an application if we determine (in our sole discretion) that your website is not suitable for the Affiliate Program for any reason, including, but not limited to, its inclusion of content that is, in our opinion, unlawful or otherwise violates our acceptable use policy.
- If we reject your application, for any reason, you may not re-apply to the Affiliate Program utilizing the same domain name/URL or reapply using a different domain/URL name and then add the previously rejected domain name/URL to your affiliate account. Captira, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to notify or to not notify any prospective affiliate of their rejection or removal from the Affiliate Program at any time.
- Promotion of Our Affiliate Relationship
- Use of Links. If you qualify and agree to participate as an Affiliate, we may make a variety of graphic and textual links available to you (each referred to herein as a "Link" or collectively, as the "Links"). The Links will serve to identify your Affiliate Site as a member of the Affiliate Program and will establish a link from your website, content or e-mails to Captira‘s website. You agree to cooperate fully with us in order to establish and maintain such Links. You further agree that your use of the Links must be in compliance with this Agreement at all times. Captira may modify, format or delete the Links from time to time in its sole discretion. You will not use graphic or textual images (indicating a Link) or text messages to promote Captira that are not approved in advance by Captira. Any information with respect to Captira that is going to be displayed on the Affiliate Site must be used from the provided material only or pre-approved by Captira in writing.
- Disclaimer. EXCEPT AS PERMITTED HEREIN, YOU SHALL NOT AND ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO (i) USE THE CAPTIRA TRADEMARK, NAME OR ANY OF OUR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE LINKS, AND THE LICENSED MATERIALS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “CAPTIRA” IP) (OR ANY VARIATIONS OR MISSPELLINGS THEREOF OR OTHER TERM OR TERMS CONFUSINGLY SIMILAR TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING) WITHOUT CAPTIRA‘S EXPRESS PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION; (ii) USE CAPTIRA IP IN A DOMAIN OR WEBSITE NAME, IN ANY BIDS FOR KEYWORDS OR GOOGLE ADS (OR SIMILAR PROGRAMS AT OTHER SEARCH ENGINES), IN ANY SEARCH ENGINE ADVERTISING (PAID OR OTHERWISE), IN ANY METATAGS, GOOGLE ADS (OR SIMILAR PROGRAMS AT OTHER SEARCH ENGINES), KEY WORDS, ADVERTISING, SEARCH TERMS, CODE, OR OTHERWISE; (iii) ACT IN ANY WAY THAT CAUSES OR CREATES OR COULD CAUSE OR CREATE ANY "INITIAL INTEREST CONFUSION" OVER THE USE OF CAPTIRA IP ON THE INTERNET OR IN ANY SEARCH ENGINE ADVERTISING. YOUR USE OF CAPTIRA IP IN ANY MANNER, OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED HEREUNDER SHALL CONSTITUTE UNLAWFUL INFRINGEMENT OF CAPTIRA‘S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, AND MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES (INCLUDING POTENTIAL TREBLE DAMAGES FOR KNOWING OR WILFUL INFRINGEMENT), AND THE OBLIGATION TO PAY CAPTIRA‘S LEGAL FEES AND COSTS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING IN WHICH CAPTIRA SEEKS TO ENFORCE ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR WITH REGARD TO ANY OF CAPTIRA‘S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
- Discounts and Coupons. You are not allowed to post any refunds, credits or discounts on the Captira Services, or other content concerning Captira without Captira‘s prior written consent in each instance. Affiliates may only use coupons and discounts that are provided exclusively through the Affiliate Program using banners and links. Each Link connecting users of the Affiliate Site to the pertinent area of the Captira website will in no way alter the look, feel, or functionality of the Captira website. Any violations of the terms surrounding links, coupons, refunds, credits or discounts shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement, and may result in your termination from the Affiliate Program or the withholding of Commission Fees
- Regulations and FTC Endorsement Compliance
- It is the intent of Captira to treat all of our customers fairly. Accordingly, we require all Captira Affiliates to comply with all US laws and regulations including those regulations and and guidelines concerning advertising and marketing, including without limitation, the Can-Spam Act, the Do Not Call Registry and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Endorsement Guidelines (which require that material connections between advertisers and endorsers be disclosed). This means inter alia (a) all Affiliate Sites (e.g. directories, review/rating websites, blogs, and other websites) and any email or collateral that provide an endorsement or assessment of Captira Services must prominently disclose the fact that you receive compensation for Referred Customers (ii) Affiliates agree to not engage, or attempt to engage in, any unfair or deceptive practices including but not limited to use of testimonials
- Captira reserves the right to withhold Commission Fees, cancel the affiliate relationship with you should we determine, at our sole discretion, that you are not in compliance with the previously mentioned regulations or guides that we deem relevant.
- Data Security
In addition to the obligations set forth in Section 4 (FTC Endorsement Compliance), Affiliate shall comply with all applicable data protection laws regarding the transmission of data exported to or from the United States or the country in which Affiliate resides, including without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the GDPR). Affiliate, as a controller under the GDPR, shall also implement appropriate technical measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, taking into account the nature, scope, context, and purpose of processing any personal data. Affiliate agrees to promptly assist Captira in complying with any data subject rights request under the GDPR that Captira may receive from any individuals referred to Captira by Affiliate. Affiliate further agrees to promptly assist Captira in complying with any duties to cooperate with supervisory authorities under the GDPR.
- Order Processing
Captira will process orders placed by Referred Customers who follow the Links from an Affiliate Site to Captira. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject orders that do not comply with certain requirements that we may establish from time to time. All aspects of order processing and fulfillment, including Captira‘s services, cancellation, processing, refunds and payment processing will be our responsibility. We will track the Qualified Purchases generated by your Affiliate Site and will make this information available to you. To permit accurate tracking, reporting, and commission accrual, it is your responsibility to ensure that the Links between your website/content and our website are properly formatted.
- Commission Determination and Qualified Purchases
- Commissions will be calculated based upon customer payments (ie monies actually received and excluding reversals and funds) by Captira from customers multiplied by commission rate. The commission rate is 30% for the first year of customer payments, 20% for the second year and 10% for the third year for each Qualified Purchase (as defined herein) subject to any other written agreement between Captira and the Affiliate and commission accruing pursuant to Section 8 & 9 below. A Qualified Purchase does NOT include the following:
- A purchase by a Referred Customer that has transferred from any Captira partners or subsidiaries.
- A purchase by a Referred Customer who is also associated with any Captira reseller, referral, or other program.
- A purchase by a Referred Customer that is not up to date on its payments or is subject to a refund, referral, or other program.
- A purchase that was completed prior to the Affiliate joining the Affiliate Program or was not tracked properly through an Affiliate Link.
- A purchase by a Referred Customer that has not been in good standing for a period of at least thirty (30) days or is in violation of Captira‘s Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policy or other applicable policies at the time the Commission Fees accrue.
- A purchase that Captira suspects, in its sole discretion, is the result of fraud or non-fraudulent misconduct (including but not limited, to working with staff, contractors, agents, existing Captira customers or attempting to divert existing sales funnels or Captira historic relationships, for which the Affiliate is not solely responsible, or use of software that generates real and fictitious information, multiple accounts from the same customer, or the referral of accounts that do not comply with this Agreement).
- A purchase referred by an Affiliate that has an excessive cancellation rate or another metric that is concerning, as determined in Captira‘s sole discretion.
- A purchase by a Referred Customer if the Referred Customer was offered or received coupons, refunds, credits or discounts from the Affiliate without Captira’s express approval.
- A purchase by a Referred Customer if the Affiliate or Referred Customer is in multi-level marketing or is promoting a business-opportunity program, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- A purchase by a Referred Customer who received a popup with a discounted offer, while leaving Captira‘s website during their purchase.
- Captira reserves the right to withhold payment of initial Commissions Fees to Affiliates who are new to the Affiliate Program, or who have commissions that are potentially fraudulent as determined by Captira in its sole discretion, to determine the legitimacy and cancellation rates of Referred Customers.
- Captira reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend the payment of Commission Fees at any time and indefinitely, if it suspects fraud or other improper activity or a potential breach of any of the terms of this Agreement by the Affiliate or a Referred Customer of the service Terms. Captira reserves the right to deduct from Affiliate's current and future Commission Fees any and all Commission Fees corresponding to any fraudulent, questionable, reversed and cancelled purchases.
- Captira reserves the right to immediately cancel or withhold for later review any Commission Fee that fails to meet the criteria of a Qualified Purchase. Affiliate is responsible for monitoring the payment, denial, and withholding of Commission Fees; Captira is not obligated to actively notify Affiliates of the status of Commission Fees. If Affiliate has a question about a Commission Fee that has been cancelled or withheld, Affiliate has thirty (30) days from the day the payment would have been due to contact Captira in writing to request that the Commission Fee be paid. Any changes to decisions about cancelled or withheld Commission Fees are strictly made in Captira‘s sole discretion.
- Commissions for any Referred Customer who is associated with any Captira reseller, referral or other program may not be considered a Qualified Purchase. In other words, you may not receive double commissions or compensation.
- In the event that the Referred Customers that are referred to Captira by an Affiliate are determined to have an excessive cancellation rate, as determined by Captira in its sole discretion, Captira reserves the right to withhold or decline pending and future Commission Fees to such Affiliate.
- Any attempt by an Affiliate to manipulate, falsify or inflate Referred Customers, Qualified Purchases, or Commission Fees to intentionally defraud Captira or any violation of the terms of this Agreement constitutes immediate grounds for Captira to terminate the Affiliates participation in the Affiliate Program and will result in the forfeiture of any Commission Fees due to the Affiliate.
- Accrual of Commissions
Commissions will accrue and only become payable once you provide all relevant tax and address documentation All Qualified Purchases still eligible to result in commissions under this Section 8 must remain active and in good standing pursuant to the terms of this Agreement in order to remain eligible for accrual of a commission. Once a commission has accrued under this Section 8, the amount of such commission (the “Commission Fee”) shall be due and payable to you under the terms of Section 9. Captira reserves the right to change the Commission Threshold by amending this Agreement and will notify you for any such amendment pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
- Commission Payments
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement and the accrual of commissions as set forth in Section 8 above, commissions will be calculated according to the specified percentage or dollar amount set forth in the commission report in your Affiliate Console for each Qualified Purchase that accrues during the period for which such commission fee is being calculated.
- Commission Fees will be processed approximately thirty (30) to forty-five (45) days after receipt of payment. Captira will only compensate you for Qualified Purchases made in accordance with this Agreement.
- Commission Fees shall be paid based on the current information in your Affiliate profile. You are required to notify us promptly of any change in your address by updating your profile information in the Affiliate console. All payments are to be made via PayPal to an established PayPal account. You are responsible to be in adherence with Paypal’s requirements and Terms, including but not limited to PayPal's policy to ensure you are eligible to receive payment if you reside outside of the United States here
- It is solely your responsibility to provide Captira with accurate tax and payment information that is necessary to issue a Commission Fee to you. If Captira does not receive the necessary tax or payment information within ninety (90) days of a Qualified Purchase which would otherwise trigger Commission Fees, the applicable commissions shall not accrue and no Commission Fees will be owed with respect to such Qualified Purchase.
- Each Affiliate is required to submit a W8/W9 tax form before any Commission Fees shall accrue. You are responsible for the payment of all taxes related to the commissions you receive under this Agreement. In compliance with U.S. tax laws, Captira will issue a Form 1099 to Affiliates whose earnings meet or exceed the applicable threshold.
- Obligations Regarding Your Affiliate Site
- You are solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of your Affiliate Site and for all materials that appear on your Affiliate Site. Such responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the technical operation of your Affiliate Site and all related equipment; creating and posting product reviews, descriptions, and references on your Affiliate Site and linking those descriptions to our website; the accuracy of materials posted on your Affiliate Site (including, but not limited to, all materials related to Captira Services); ensuring that materials posted on your Affiliate Site do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party and are not libelous or otherwise illegal nor breach any US law or regulation, even if you are not resident in the US. We disclaim all liability and responsibility for such matters but should we suffer harm, we reserve all our rights against the Affiliate without limitation.
- We have the right in our sole discretion to monitor signups through your Affiliate Site from time to time to determine if you are in compliance with the terms of this Agreement. If you are not in compliance we may terminate your participation in the Affiliate Program effective immediately or retrospectively to the suspected commencement of such alleged misconduct, in our sole opinion.
- Policies and Pricing
Referred Customers who buy Captira Services through our affiliate network are deemed to be Captira Customers. Captira ‘s Terms and Conditions, rules, policies, and operating procedures will apply to such customers. We may change our policies, pricing, and operating procedures at any time. For example, Captira determines the prices to be charged for Captira Services sold through the affiliate network in accordance with our own pricing policies. Prices and availability of Captira Services may vary from time to time, from affiliate to affiliate, and from region to region. Because price changes may affect products that you have listed on your Affiliate Site, you may or may not be able to include price information in your product descriptions. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to present accurate information on our website, but we cannot guarantee the availability or price of any particular Captira Product or Service.
- E-mails and Publicity
You may only send emails containing a Captira affiliate link and or a message regarding Captira or Captira 's Affiliate Program to people who have previously consented to receiving such communications from you. Your failure to abide by this Section 14, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and all applicable laws relating to email communications, in any manner, will be deemed a material breach of this Agreement by you and will result in the forfeiture by you of any and all rights you may have to any commissions and the termination of your participation in the Affiliate Program. Further, if your account has excessive clicks in a very short period of time as determined by Captira in its sole discretion, the Affiliate relationship may be terminated.
- Licenses and Use of Captira Logos and Trademarks.
- Subject to the limitations set forth in this agreement, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to (i) access our website through the Links solely in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and (ii) solely in connection with such Links, to use the Captira trademark and logo and similar identifying material provided by us (collectively, the "Licensed Materials"), for the sole purpose of selling Captira Services on your Affiliate Site and as approved in advance by us. You may not alter, modify, or change the Licensed Materials in any way. You are only entitled to use the Licensed Materials while you are an Affiliate in good standing and in compliance with all of the terms of this Agreement.
- You shall not use the Licensed Materials for any purposes other than selling Captira Services, without first submitting a sample to us and obtaining the express prior written consent of Captira in each instance. You shall not use the Licensed Materials in any manner that is disparaging or that otherwise portrays Captira, any hosted member of Captira or any Captira employee or representative in a negative light. We reserve all of our rights in the Licensed Materials and your license to use such material is limited to the manner described herein. We may revoke your license at any time, by giving you written notice. If not previously revoked, this license shall immediately terminate upon the termination of your participation in the Affiliate Program.
- You grant to us a non-exclusive license to utilize your name, title, trademarks, and logos (the "Affiliate Trademarks") in any advertisement or other materials used to promote Captira and the Affiliate Program, provided that Captira‘s use of the Affiliate Trademarks is not required and is at its sole discretion. This license shall terminate upon the termination of your participation in the Affiliate Program.
- Term and Termination
- The term of this Agreement will begin upon our acceptance of your Affiliate Program application and will end when terminated by either party (the “Term”). Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause.
- You are only eligible to earn Commission Fees on Qualified Purchases occurring during the Term. Commission Fees earned prior to the date of termination will be eligible for commissions only if the orders for the related Captira Services are not cancelled within (30) days and comply with all of the terms of this Agreement. We may withhold your final payment of Commission Fees for a reasonable time to ensure that all Qualified Purchases are valid and payment from Referred Customers are legitimate as determined by Captira in its sole discretion.
- Any Affiliate who violates this Agreement, Captira's Terms and Conditions for its services, or any applicable law will immediately forfeit any right to any and all accrued, but not yet received, Commission Fees and will be immediately removed from the Affiliate Program.
- Captira reserves the right to remove an Affiliate from the Affiliate Program, and to terminate or suspend this Agreement, at any time for any reason, at Captira's sole discretion.
The Parties may modify this Agreement by agreement in writing between the Parties, for which email confirmed in writing by both parties shall suffice as proof. We may modify this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion; provided that the change shall solely apply to events (but excluding events that clarifying prior terms only) after the date of such modification. Such modifications shall take effect when posted on our website. Modifications may include, but are not limited to, changes in the scope of available Commission Fees, commission amounts or percentages, payment procedures, Commission Fee payment schedules, and Affiliate Program rules. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate this agreement. Your continued participation in the Affiliate Program following our posting of any modification on our website will constitute binding acceptance of the change.
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Affiliate Program or any Captira Services sold through the Affiliate Program (including, without limitation, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, DEALING, OR TRADE USAGE). In addition, we make no representation that the operation of our website will be uninterrupted or error free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors, including the tracking of information concerning Referred Customers during any period of interruption. For the avoidance of doubt, we have no obligation to maintain Referred Customers.
- Relationship of Parties
You and Captira are independent contractors, and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on your Affiliate Site or otherwise, that contradicts anything in this section. We have the right to assign this agreement and have the right take any actions we deem necessary in the operations of our business.
- Representations and Warranties
You hereby represent and warrant to us as follows:
- You have reviewed and understand this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms.
- Your acceptance of this Agreement and participation in the Affiliate Program will not violate (i) any provision of law, rule, or regulation to which you are subject, (ii) any order, judgment, or decree applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties, (iii) any provision of your by-laws or certificate of incorporation, or (iv) any agreement or other instrument applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties.
- You are the sole and exclusive owner of the Affiliate Trademarks and have the power to grant to Captira the license to use such marks in the manner contemplated herein, and such grant will not (i) breach, conflict with, or constitute a default under any agreement or other instrument applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties, or (ii) infringe upon any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, or other proprietary right of any third person or entity.
- You are not required to obtain consent, approval, or authorization of, or exemption by, or filing with, any governmental authority or any third party in connection with your entrance into this Agreement
- There is no pending or threatened claim, action, or proceeding against you, or any affiliate of yours with respect to the Affiliate Trademarks, and, to the best of your knowledge, there is no basis for any such claim, action, or proceeding.
- During the Term, you will not include in your Affiliate Site content that is, in our opinion, unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, harassing, racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable or are in violation of our Terms and Conditions or Acceptable Use Policy.
- You are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Each Referred Customer is valid, genuine, and unique, was solely referred and converted by Affiliate and meets the criteria of a Qualified Purchase for generating a Commission Fee as provided in this Agreement.
- Limitation of Liability
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFITS, OR DATA, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHER, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT AND THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM WILL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL COMMISSIONS PAID OR PAYABLE TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Captira and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, partners, members, and other owners, against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, settlements, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) (any or all of the foregoing hereinafter referred to as "Losses") insofar as such Losses (or actions in respect thereof) arise out of or are based on (i) any claim that our use of the Affiliate Trademarks infringes on any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, license, intellectual property, or other proprietary right of any third party, (ii) any misrepresentation of a representation or warranty or breach of a covenant and agreement made by you herein, or (iii) any claim related to your Affiliate Site, including, without limitation, its development, operation, maintenance and content therein not attributable to us.
- Independent Investigation
You understand that we may at any time (directly or indirectly) solicit Captira relationships on terms that may differ from those contained in this Agreement. We may also solicit relationships with entities that operate websites that are similar to or compete with your Affiliate Site. You have independently evaluated the desirability of participating in the Captira Affiliate Program and are not relying on any representation, guarantee, or statement other than as set forth in this Agreement.
- Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the state of New York in the jurisdiction of the courts in Albany county, without regard to conflicts of laws rules, and the laws of the United States of America.
- Your Assignment. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns
- Waiver. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such a provision or any other provision of this Agreement.
Affiliate Program Terms
Effective 26 May 2020